People Operations Lead
Qarik Group is looking for a People Operations Lead to oversee and manage our people operations, primarily focused on Project Resourcing, Talent Acquisition and Talent Planning. Just a few years old, Qarik Group is fast-growing and quickly professionalizing its internal operations. This is a chance to leverage our existing foundation to build a People Operations function that aligns with our business values, strategic vision and the unique needs of an international, highly-remote workforce.
The mission of this role is to ensure we best leverage our employees to deliver quality work and manage profitability while also ensuring we prepare our business for the future: identifying, recruiting and developing talent that will bring the right expertise to our clients now and in the future.
Overseeing Project Resourcing, Talent Acquisition and Talent Planning, you will have the full picture of needs as well as the power to bring the right talent in the door. This role will be supported by two regional HR/Recruitment teammates and work closely with our HR Lead.
- Facilitate cross-project resourcing allocation and changes, taking a data-driven and unbiased approach to make final staffing decisions with input from managers and engagement leads.
- Work with managers and engagement leads to properly communicate staffing changes and allocations to employees.
- Implement a system to track resourcing operations, including visibility into resource allocations and gaps, ability to produce reports.
- Proactively identify upcoming staffing needs or capacity within the team.
- Work with managers and engagement leads to continuously gain feedback on resources, facilitating feedback conversations and proactively identifying resources that may need attention because of poor performance or dissatisfaction with their role.
- Determining recruitment priority and open roles
- Evaluating skills and capacity needed from engagement leads against current capacity and skill sets to determine when we should begin hiring.
- Thinking strategically about current resources and whether it makes more sense to shift internal resourcing allocations, hire full-time resources or consider contractors.
- Implement a system to track the talent acquisition process in a clear and transparent way.
- Managing external recruiters
- Sourcing, onboarding/coaching & evaluating performance of new external recruiters based on current and future needs of the firm.
- Managing and holding recruiters accountable for meeting our expectations both in candidate quality and following our stated hiring processes.
- Managing direct recruitment
- Working with support, ensuring accurate job postings, managing the full-cycle recruitment process, including reviewing resumes, screening candidates, managing hiring managers and ensuring an equitable, consistent candidate experience.
- Proactively assessing the talent acquisition process to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and equity for Qarik Group and our prospective candidates.
- Skills/gap analysis
- Implementing a mechanism to track key skills across staff when they onboard and as they gain skills/certifications throughout their careers at Qarik Group.
- Ensuring core competencies expected at each level/dept are consistent with needs and expectations of our clients.
- Business casing for “hiring ahead” or investing in additional internal programs (change/increase in benefits, policies, training) where appropriate for skills we believe will be critical to our success.
- Career pathing
- Partner with leadership to define and operationalize career paths for our employees.
- Based on expected progression rates, analyze expected org shape over time, specifically mitigating becoming too top-heavy or bottom-heavy.
- Enable managers and employees with L&D tools and materials.
- Work closely with HR Lead to ensure a consistent and positive employee experience from prospective employees to alumnis.
- Demonstrated history working collaboratively and cross-functionally with high commercial acumen
- A progressive career in Technology, Finance, or a Professional Services organization
- Experience in full-cycle direct recruitment as well as managing third-party agencies
- Experience with an investment-backed, fast-growing organization
- Experience working with international entities and employee groups
Note: Preferred location New York City but open to remote candidates in EST/GMT timezones.